Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-31 22:12:31

RichC

damn ISP

Well it does say talk about .."whatever"

Just purchased CE3 stage (literally seconds ago!) and haven't yet updated all the other upgrades in what must have been an extremely busy Month for all at TTG.

So I now have  CE3 Stage to play with  as I love before and after and the pano smile saves having to get involved in silverlight et al

So as well as that i need to upgrade CE3 pages, auto index , gallery and  my Host is moving their physical location of it's servers in 3 hours .. don't you just hate it when that happens !!!

Actually it has never happened to me before , but just in case I have a full back up of my PC just done smile

I have had no problems using any of the plugins with the hosts current set up ..lets hope their night;s work goes well tonight , as I will be itching to spend the weekend getting my site as i like it smile

Actually this experience with TTG and the power of it's products,has meant i am looking far more into PHP and responsive design , and other such matters .
Words like CSS and PHPlugins were a mystery , and in effect meant learning a different language .

But with this know -how , it has given me the confidence to take the next step and use tools / scaffolding like font awesome , twitter bootstrap et al .

This is , along with TTG , is the way us non -programmers can have an effect on good web design(I think)

Sorry for the ramble but had to fill the time in prior to eight o'clock UK time  tomorrow when in theory my site will be back without any server config issues .

We shall see .

and TY to Matt, Ben , Rod and any other person involved in this great project/company/community

I doff my hat to you all

Rich C

www.richcimages.co.uk    if it works in the morning sad

#2 2013-05-31 23:51:49

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: damn ISP

Thanks, Rich! So glad to hear we've inspired you. Careful with Twitter Bootstrap, though; I had a play with it going into CE3 development and decided it wasn't the framework for me, so built the CE3 framework from scratch. If you start trying to rope parts of Twitter Bootstrap into it, I can't make any guarantees about the continued fidelity of the space-time continuum. Frankly, I think the thing is overrated. That's just me, though.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2013-06-08 17:43:37

RichC

Re: damn ISP

No Problem Matt , No i believe CE3 is the one for me for the photo website , Wordpress the way to go for my Rheumatoid Arthritis Blog , and am using Bootstrap for a place i volunteer at ( A UK local Citizens Advice Service) ..it has all i need for a mobile friendly website , plus with Pulse CMS blocks can be put in for an end user to edit .

Ta

Rich

Board footer