Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-04 05:44:10

kcarney

Original file name accessible

When I tried to update a gallery with Publisher, I got this message: "Can't update this collection. The rendition could not be created.  Please ensure that the original file name is accessible..."  The site is www.kencarney.com, and I am trying to replace some jpg's in the People gallery with better quality files.  When I click on the image in its collection folder in LR, the image name and location are correct.  But, when I click on the image in the folder for CE4 Publisher, there is no metadata or other image data.  This is only for the images I selected to be deleted.  First time this has happened, and any help appreciated!

#2 2015-02-05 03:24:44

kcarney

Re: Original file name accessible

Followup: I had a brainstorm and thought it would be easy to just delete the old jpg's and related thumbnails from the folders on the internet server (/galleries/people/thumbnails etc.  I did that and the deleted thumbnails are still there, but the photos of course won't load and I get a message to that effect.  Clearing the internet cache and refreshing doesn't help.  Any thoughts as to how I can repair this plus my OP appreciated.

#3 2015-02-05 03:42:33

rod barbee
Website

If you're manually replacing files that were originally created with Publisher, you're likely to run into problems between what Lightroom thinks you have, what the database thinks you have, and what you really have.

If you can give more details as to what exactly you did, that will give Ben a clearer idea of what needs to be fixed.

Also, Ben may need the logs, so take a look at this page for details on that: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2015-02-05 04:38:59

kcarney

Thanks,

I have sent an explanatory email to Ben along with the log.

Board footer