Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-09 04:32:32

ray

Thoughts on Creative Cloud

I need to update to Lightroom 5 and I use Photoshop on occasions (currently 5).  I was about to download an update to L5 and then the subscription to PS and L5 flashed before me and I wondered whether this might be a good option but I would have to transfer all of my images and input my web settings all over again.

I just wondered the thoughts on CC and how it woul affect TTG in the future?

#2 2014-06-09 05:36:04

dbt85

Re: Thoughts on Creative Cloud

Most of that should just transfer to LR5 I would think?

I have the LR and PS bundle from the cloud, just hope they don't stick the price up too much in 12 months time.

But CC I wouldn't have thought will make any difference to TTG going forward. Adobe have said LR isn't going cloud only.

#3 2014-06-09 05:59:32

rod barbee
Website

Your images live on your hard drive and the catalog references them. So moving to CC doesn't affect that at all.
Your Lightroom settings live in the Lightroom folder. The location depends on your OS (see this), but it's still on your hard drive. So you shouldn't have to transfer anything at all.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2014-06-09 11:32:18

Matthew
Administrator
Website

As indicated by others above, Lightroom will continue to be available both as a part of Adobe's Creative Cloud and as standalone software. Regardless which you choose, this is irrelevant to TTG. Our plugins work identically in both.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2014-06-09 20:59:23

ray

Thank you all. It is a while since I have been on here and my website www.raygreenphotography.co.uk needs additions from TTG and a bit of a revamp.  Looking forward to TTG4 and getting my head round all of this again.  Taking the photographs is the easy part!

Thank you again for you continued support and prompt replies.

Board footer